Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Strength

 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
I've been playing the with watercolors I bought myself a bit and this was my favorite doodle I came up with today.
 
I absolutely adore owls. There is just something about them. I think that they are adorable but at the same time there is something mysterious and spooky about hearing them in the middle of the forest in the darkness of the night.
 
This is a quote that was originally in French: Quand le hibou chante, La nuit est silence. And to me, I think that is so true. There is something powerful in the owl. It is one of the guardians of the forest. They silently watch the trees and the stars, usually silent. But when they call out in a screech, the entire forest freezes in silence, waiting to see what the owl will do.
 
So unsuspecting yet so strong.
 
Because true strength doesn't need to be announced with thrashing arms and trumpets, I find myself wishing I had that silent strength hidden inside the owl.
 
a.r.w.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Owl Moon by Jane Yolen. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HN8W05hBbSM
    My prrschoolers love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was searching for a quote from that book but couldn't find anything online... It was one of my favorite books growing up!

      Delete