Monday, September 14, 2015

Kisses


*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
It's the most wonderful time of the year! Those long, exhausting, sluggish days of summer have vanished (at least here in Siberia) and we are fully immersed in the crispness of Autumn... Of course, it could be snowing next week for all we know!
 
I love everything about Autumn. Even the air is electrified--you feel so much more aware of your body. The cold air bites at your cheeks and just makes it feel so much more alive.
 
I was walking to work today in 45 degree weather and I found that I had missed the cold, crispness of Fall. In China, there was no Fall... You went from humid, hot summer, to cold rain in winter. There was no transition, no changing colors, and no crisp kisses. Here, we have it all. The cold, the colorful leaves, that smell of rotting leaves... Everything is dying around you and yet you have never felt more alive!
 
Today's writing prompt was "nevermore" and my imagination went wild with different ideas... But they were all wiped away this morning on my walk to work as this image appeared in my mind. So here is (yet another) doodle (of a girl's face [my husband likes to point out]). I feel like you all deserved a break from the spookiness for today. I'm sure it'll return tomorrow.
 
a.r.w.

No comments:

Post a Comment