Thursday, September 24, 2015

Imagine II

 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Ta-da!!
 
Yes, you were right... My sneak peek from yesterday was the top of a table.
 
For our two year (dating) anniversary, Adam bought me a new writing desk and it is the biggest one I have ever had in my life (I think he was just sick and tired of me taking over the kitchen table)!!
 
It was a plain, untreated wooden table and you know I just can't live with plain, blank, and empty... So I turned it into a colorful obnoxious cacophony of colors (with almost as many colored circles as Inside Out)!
 
I loved having such a big canvas to work with... but I have never painted detail into wood... it's tough! The grains definitely made it hard to make straight lines, so if anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it! I'm hoping to be able to paint and work with bigger projects more in the future.
 
This was a two day project and my thumb is still shaking from holding the paint brushes! But I do love how it came out. It's loud. It's colorful. It's full of imagination. Just like me.
 
a.r.w.


No comments:

Post a Comment