Wednesday, September 2, 2015

a Humble Welcome

Hello my dear family, friends, fellow wanderers and dreamers alike.

I am starting out on a new endeavor slightly inspired by a very dear friend of mine, Megan, the creator of Confessions of a Paper Girl. In her blog, she is writing something everyday and in the process opening up a lot about her personal experiences. I decided to take a page out of her book (pun intended) and try to do something similar.

This blog is the result.

I have always been a very happy, optimistic girl but recently my life seemed to take on a dark turn. Last summer my little brother was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and just eight months after his diagnosis, he crossed over from Here to There. It's been almost five months since his death and I'm still struggling to try and find the girl I once was (and in some ways I think she's gone for good). I've decided that to try and rebuild my world, I need to do it with my own two hands... and my imagination.

Each day, I want to try and create something. It could be a short story, a doodle, a poem... anything that forces me to close my eyes and forget this world for a bit and enter a world of my own ruled by imagination, creativity, and a touch of magic.

It's my hope that this blog can help reignite that spark in my imagination that was snuffed out by Life and in the process I can heal.

I hope you can escape for a bit when you journey into the words and pictures of this blog. I hope it will be healing and uplifting for you... Welcome to my world.

a.r.w.

1 comment:

  1. So excited to dream and wander and journey with you! <3

    ReplyDelete