Saturday, September 19, 2015

Smile


*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Alright, this might just be the creepiest thing I have ever drawn.
 
To get into the Halloween mood (not that I need help), I have been listening to the soundtrack to my favorite computer game, American McGee's Alice. It's super twisted, dark, and creepy and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves the story of Alice in Wonderland or just freaky things. The soundtrack is equally spooky with old antique toys being played throughout the whole thing. I don't recommend listening to it while walking home, alone, in the dark. Just saying...
 
As I was walking to work today, I imagined this sight in my head. Alice--perfectly normal Alice--hides her wild thoughts that others might see as mad with a smile... a twisted grin that she learned from a very dear friend.
 
I think sometimes we have this same smile we learned from the Cheshire Cat. When life gets too hard, smile. When people call you crazy, smile. When you want to scream or cry, smile.
 
I'm trying to follow in Mr. Cheshire's footsteps and, when in doubt, smile... it confuses everyone else!
 
a.r.w.

No comments:

Post a Comment