Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Nothing

 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
What do you fear most in life?
 
Some might say heights or flying, spiders or the darkness. Me? I fear Nothing.
 
Do you remember the movie The Neverending Story? The Nothing was the terrifying monster gobbling up Fantasia, the world of fantasy and dreams. I think that was a mighty powerful message for a kids movie because to this day I am still affected by it and I still fear Nothing.
 
To me, the Nothing is just that--a void of happiness, dreams, plans, actions, even life itself. It's the desire to just survive through life instead of thrive. Nothing is very much real to me and I have to try and fight it every day. I fight it by reading, by laughing, by dreaming, and creating something new here every day.
 
These three figures are the Nothing that haunt my mind. They feed on the very thought of them (so stop thinking about Nothing!) and once they take control of you, it's hard to fight them off... but it's possible... it's always possible to fill Nothing with a very great Something.
 
That's what I'm trying to do with this blog... Fill the Nothing and fight it too.
 
Plus I just wanted to paint something super spooky today! I hope you dream of Nothing tonight...
 
25 days until Halloween!
 
a.r.w.

No comments:

Post a Comment