Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Flower Lady

 
There's a little old lady
I see her around
She's one of the ghosts that follows me
Selling flowers throughout town
 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
There is this old lady I see sometimes on my way home from work. I usually see her at night when it is raining and she is always holding a bouquet of flowers in her hand, hoping to sell them. Twice now I've passed her going into the grocery story, thinking, I'll get some change and then buy her flowers. But each time I come out of the store she vanishes from sight. She's a mystery! A ghostly flower lady!
 
Every so often a small child looks at you or maybe just slightly to the left or right of you, fascinated. But when you turn to see what it is they're staring at, there's nothing there. Maybe they're more in tune with the spirit world and see what we cannot. Maybe we all have different ghosts walking with us through this journey of life. Sometimes I like to think I have a whole collection of ghosts following me around.
 
Only 10--TEN!!--days until Halloween!!
 
a.r.w.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment